May your lettuce leaves be
green and crispy
Well, the word has definetely leaked out. Good News Week has been sold to
Channel Ten, and will be filmed in North Ryde, Sydney. The first episode
for 199 will be Sunday March 21, 1999 at 7.30pm
Paul was snapped by "the papparazzi" over the christmas break with a
- December 4 1998 was a sad day for many fans of Mikey Robins. After a
staggering 7 years at triple j, he quit in order to spend time with his
- Paul McDermott and Fiona Horne have released the single
Shut Up/ Kiss Me , which was penned by Paul for his MOSH
variety show. It debuted at number 15 on
triple j's net50 countdown
on November 21, 1998.
- Good News Week's gone mobile! They taped two one hour episodes at the Sydney Opera House as part of its 25th birthday
Celebrations, the first being the 100th episode for Good News Week.
The show taped at Penrith Pathers Leagues club on October 28. It was part of Sydney's First
Official Comedy Festival, and was shown on Friday 30 October.
- Good News Week's quest for world domination has started.
We have the Good News Week Video(inscene and obscene), retailing at $29.95 (I believe);
The Good News Week Books I & II, retailing at $16.95;
The Good News Week Tapes I, retailing at $26.95;
not to mention the Good News Week t-shirts, ranging from $20 - $35, each.
- Paul was featured on the cover of the September/October issue of HQ magazine.
Wearing red contact lenses (or *not* wearing hazel/brown lenses), the cover photo was
the stuff that gives you nightmares, in stark contrast to the promotional
postcards released at the same time.
- Mikey Robins has started writing on Page 3 of the Sydney edition of The City Weekly, from August 27 1998.
Some of his articles will be uploaded to the main
page, sometime soon. If you have a copy of the first article (published 27 August 1998),
I would much appreciate it if you could
email me Ta!
- The second season of Race Around The World started on ABC-TV,
9.30pm on June 8. It finished on October 26, with Tony Wilson winning both overall & most popular
- Tim is starring as the lead, Frank 'N' Furter in the Star City
(Sydney Casino) production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
The producer (Nigel Triffet) also did "Little Shop of Horrors", two years ago.
The show has received mediocre reviews.
The last show is on December 20, 1998.
- The season for Paul's new 'variety-style' show, Good News Weekend
ended Saturday 15 August 1998. The commisioned season ran for ten weeks.
Its debut was on June 13 1998.
- Paul argued for the affirmative side in the Melbourne Comedy Festival's Debate, that you must Sin to Win.
- Paul is writing as a regular columnist in the Sydney edition of SundayLife! , included as a supplement to The Sun-Herald . Copies of this column can be found on
Paul's Articles page.
- Paul was voted "Australia's funniest homegrown
comedian" through a
Readers Poll for The Daily Telegraph, Sydney.He won by a suspicious 79%.
- He was one of the featured "rising stars" in
Australian Elle's September 1997 Issue
Paul McDermott is evil, The
Great Lettuce is Good ; Both are worthy of worship